CALL TO ACTION IN THE NEXT 8 HOURS NEEDED!
Great News! The representative that made the motion to put SCR4 on the table is now supporting taking it off to receive a debate on the floor based upon it's merits! It is URGENT that you help us in our hour of need as this is going down to the wire!
PLEASE TAKE THESE TWO ACTIONS WITHIN THE NEXT 8 HOURS:
1. Review the two email messages below and choose one to send to all the NH representatives. DO NOT ADD ANY NAME TO THE INTRODUCTION BECAUSE THE MESSAGE WILL BE SENT TO ALL REPRESENTATIVES.
Please make sure to add your name and address to let them know you are from New Hampshire and also a constituent. Hit the "send now" button to send your email
2. LOOK UP MY REPRESENTATIVES and call them within the next 8 Hours to tell them nicely you want them to vote to take SCR4 off the table and to vote to pass it completely in the House tomorrow.
SCR4 deserves a fair hearing on it's merits and needs to be removed off the table and debated on the House Floor. Although NH passed a Balanced Budget Amendment resolution, that is not enough! We need to impose fiscal restraints on the federal government such as limits on taxing, spending, and debt.
A BBA without other limiting amendments could allow the federal government to simply RAISE TAXES to balance the budget. Please support removing SCR4 off the table and support it's passage.
- SCR4 passed 3-0 by the Senate Rules, Enrolled Bills and Internal Affairs Committee.
- SCR4 passed 15-9 by the Senate.
- SCR4 passed 11-5 by the House State-Federal Relations and Veterans Affairs Committee.
Please do the right thing and vote to remove SCR4 off the table to allow an open debate of the issue and support passing SCR4.
If you are able to come to the State House in the morning to talk to legislators as they enter the chamber to let them know you want them to vote to take SCR4 off the table and also to pass it, we'd really appreciate it!
Come on New Hampshire Convention of States Supporters! This is our last opportunity to pass it this year and we are going for it!
Thank you for your support!