New Hampshire Action Prompt
New Hampshire Action Prompt
2. Recruit petition signers within your House (lower) District using either your recruiter link, hard copy petitions, or text PETITION to 68398. Please make sure that the signers provide their full physical address so that they are assigned to the correct House (lower) District and their email address in order to receive updates from national and your state director.
Click to Download Hard Copy Petition (PRINT ONLY THE FIRST PAGE AND CHANGE YOUR SETTINGS TO PRINT B&W)
Responsibilities of a District Captain
1. Grow our grassroots army in your district with petitions! Our COS petition accomplishes two very important goals for us.
A. Adds new supporters to our email database in order to stay informed nationally and state-wide.
B. Informs the legislators in their district that they want them to support our COS Article V legislation.
2. Collect petitions in your House District by using either your online recruiting link, hard-copy petitions, or Text PETITION to 68398 in order to grow the grassroots of supporters/volunteers in your district.
3. Recruit volunteers to opt-in to our Text Alert System in your district who are willing to make calls and send emails to their legislators when important votes/meetings are taking place.
4. Confirm the support/opposition of their State Representative & Senator and report their responses back to your State Leaders.
5. Organize with others to hold a regular COS meeting in your district or region, preferably every two weeks. A monthly newsletter will be provided to you to be used as an agenda to educate meeting attendees about Article V/Convention of States and will include a Work Session to engage volunteers, ie. write Letters to Editor, write postcards, etc. Link to download newsletters to use for small meetings.
6. Attend regular conference calls with your State Team Leaders for updates and to report on your progress.
Please send any questions to DCrecruits@cosaction.com.
Start A COS Small Group In Your District Today Using Our Action Newsletter!
We have made it easy for volunteers to start small groups in their districts with the COS Action Newsletter! You can stop hitting your head against the wall trying to decide what to talk about at your next Convention of States small group meeting. Each newsletter will provide you with enough material to hold at least two small group meetings.
We recommend holding semimonthly meetings in order to build momentum and keep volunteers active and engaged. If someone misses a monthly meeting it is two whole months before they meet again and they may lose interest. Scheduling it on the same evening makes it easier to remember such at the 1st and 2nd Monday of the month.
The newsletter is interactive and all you have to do is type, click or scan the shortened web address or QR codes to pull up an article, video, or podcast. Watch the video above to see how simple it is to use this newsletter as your agenda for your next small meeting.
Each newsletter will also contain a "Work Session" with suggestions to engage your volunteers to get involved in their district to help grow our grassroots and legislator support. The newsletter is formatted for 8.5 x 11 size paper and be printed in full color on 11 x 17 to make a folded newsletter or on letter-size paper, double-sided in b&w to be handouts. Each section will definitely allow further discussion within your group.
We thank you again for your desire to serve the cause of liberty!
New Hampshire Action
New Hampshire Action
Your voice is important. Make it heard by sharing Convention of States with your friends and contacts. Don't miss the chance to tell future generations that you stood strong for liberty!
New Hampshire Team
Rep. Eric R. Eastman
State Information Analyst
New Hampshire Blog
Important Message from NH COS State Director:
My name is Rep. Scott Wallace, I am the NH State Director for the Convention of States Project, and the prime sponsor of our bill HCR5, which I filed last month. You can find all bill information here HCR5.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We have two very important events over the next 10 days that I need COS supporters attending. I will provide updated information to keep you abreast of the situation as it develops.
EVENT #1. Attend Public Hearing on Thursday, Jan 19th at 11:00 AM to Support COS and Testify Against HCR3
We need as many COS supporters as possible to show up in support of Article V! The naysayers are trying to rescind ALL Article V applications with HCR3, and we need you to come and show your support for COS/Article V and testify AGAINST HCR3. The State-Federal Relations and Veterans Affairs Committee hearing is scheduled for Thursday, January 19th at 11:00 AM in the Legislative Office Building (LOB) in room 206. Hearings typically run 30 minutes and we keep a tight schedule. You do not have to testify if you don't want to, just please show up and put on a COS button to show your support for my resolution, HCR5.
EVENT #2. Attend the Naysaying John Birch Society Press Conference "Dangers of an Article V Convention"
On Tuesday, January 24th, the John Birch Society, along with other speakers that oppose Article V and the Convention of States are holding a press conference at the Legislative Office Building (LOB) at 11:00 AM. We need as many COS supporters as possible filling this room! We are planning a lobby day in the morning starting at 9:00 AM to hand out our COS newsletter to as many legislators as possible prior to the JBS press conference.
If you can attend either of these events please send me an email ASAP to let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Yours in Liberty,
Rep. Scott Wallace, Rockingham district 33 Brentwood, Danville, & Fremont
NH State Director COSP
New Hampshire House Representative Scott Wallace (Rockingham-Dist. 33) Sponsors Convention of States Application!
It's official! Representative Scott Wallace (Rockingham-Dist 33) has committed to sponsoring the Convention of States Project application in New Hampshire during the 2017 legislative session! This means that our New Hampshire legislators will have the opportunity to join their colleagues from sister states who have already passed applications for a state-led convention to propose constitutional amendments that will restrict federal power and restore power to the states.
Please take a moment to thank Representative Scott Wallace for being a true patriot by leading this historic effort. And stay tuned! We will need to do our part as the grassroots to support Representative Wallace's efforts by making phone calls and sending e-mails at key points in the legislative process. Thank you for standing shoulder to shoulder with me as we do our part to restore real self-governance in America.
Please call (603) 271-3419 to leave Representative Wallace a message thanking him for taking the lead on this and sponsoring our application. You can also send him an email at Scott.Wallace@leg.state.nh.us
Please join the Maine Convention of States Team by volunteering for one of our positions! We need dedicated patriots like yourself to step up now and join the Fight for Freedom! Apply today for a position that fits your abilities by visiting Be A Leader.
Thank you for supporting the Convention of States!