2. Recruit petition signers within your House (lower) District using either your recruiter link, hard copy petitions, or text PETITION to 5407798981. Please make sure that the signers provide their full physical address so that they are assigned to the correct House (lower) District and their email address in order to receive updates from national and your state director.
Click to Download Hard Copy Petition (PRINT ONLY THE FIRST PAGE AND CHANGE YOUR SETTINGS TO PRINT B&W)
Responsibilities of a District Captain
1. Grow our grassroots army in your district with petitions! Our COS petition accomplishes two very important goals for us.
A. Adds new supporters to our email database in order to stay informed nationally and state-wide.
B. Informs the legislators in their district that they want them to support our COS Article V legislation.
2. Collect petitions in your House District by using either your online recruiting link, hard-copy petitions, or Text PETITION to 5407798981 in order to grow the grassroots of supporters/volunteers in your district.
3. Recruit volunteers to opt-in to our Text Alert System in your district who are willing to make calls and send emails to their legislators when important votes/meetings are taking place.
4. Confirm the support/opposition of their State Representative & Senator and report their responses back to your State Leaders.
5. Organize with others to hold a regular COS meeting in your district or region, preferably every two weeks. A monthly newsletter will be provided to you to be used as an agenda to educate meeting attendees about Article V/Convention of States and will include a Work Session to engage volunteers, ie. write Letters to Editor, write postcards, etc. Link to download newsletters to use for small meetings.
6. Attend regular conference calls with your State Team Leaders for updates and to report on your progress.
Please send any questions to DCrecruits@cosaction.com.
Start A COS Small Group In Your District Today Using Our Action Newsletter!
We have made it easy for volunteers to start small groups in their districts with the COS Action Newsletter! You can stop hitting your head against the wall trying to decide what to talk about at your next Convention of States small group meeting. Each newsletter will provide you with enough material to hold at least two small group meetings.
We recommend holding semimonthly meetings in order to build momentum and keep volunteers active and engaged. If someone misses a monthly meeting it is two whole months before they meet again and they may lose interest. Scheduling it on the same evening makes it easier to remember such at the 1st and 2nd Monday of the month.
The newsletter is interactive and all you have to do is type, click or scan the shortened web address or QR codes to pull up an article, video, or podcast. Watch the video above to see how simple it is to use this newsletter as your agenda for your next small meeting.
Each newsletter will also contain a "Work Session" with suggestions to engage your volunteers to get involved in their district to help grow our grassroots and legislator support. The newsletter is formatted for 8.5 x 11 size paper and be printed in full color on 11 x 17 to make a folded newsletter or on letter-size paper, double-sided in b&w to be handouts. Each section will definitely allow further discussion within your group.
We thank you again for your desire to serve the cause of liberty!