The Connecticut Convention of States team has grown significantly in the past year. Our team on the ground is working tirelessly across the state to build support for a legislative victory in 2016!
Connecticut Action Prompt
Connecticut Action Prompt
Like our Facebook page and receive daily updates from what is happening in regards to the Convention of States around the country. Share our posts on your page to invite other to like and and help spread the message of Freedom!
2. Recruit 10 petition signers within your House (lower) District using either your recruiter link, hard copy petitions, or both. Please make sure that the signers provide their full physical address so that they are assigned to the correct House (lower) District and their email address in order to receive updates from national and your state director.
3. Recruit 5 volunteers to opt-in to our Text Alert System. This system will alert volunteers to call and email legislators in your state for critical upcoming votes and hearings. The people we want to opt into this system need to commit to making these calls/emails when they receive these alerts. Please inform them of this commitment before asking them to opt-in. Contact State Director, Ken Quinn to learn how to add people to our Text Alert System.
Please fill in the following spreadsheet with the information from individuals you recruit. Once you have collected 10 signatures (hard copy petitions or listed on under “Your Recruits” on your activist page) AND 5 volunteers to receive text alerts (filled in on the spreadsheet) send your completed spreadsheet to: DCrecruits@cosaction.com
Once you have accomplished these initial goals of 10 petitions and 5 text opt-ins you will have experienced what we expect of a District Captain and you can decide if this is the right position for you within our organization. The District Captain is critical to our success and we appreciate your willingness to get involved to help us save the country!
Responsibilities of a District Captain
1. Grow our grassroots army in your district with petitions! Our COS petition accomplishes two very important goals for us.
A. Adds new supporters to our email database in order to stay informed nationally and state-wide.
B. Informs the legislators in their district that they want them to support our COS Article V legislation.
2. Therefore, the primary goal of a District Captain is to collect a minimum of 100 petitions in their House District by using either their online recruiting link or a hard-copy in order to grow the grassroots of supporters/volunteers in their district.
3. Recruit a minimum of 25 people to opt-in to our Text Alert System in your district who are willing to make calls and send emails to their legislators when important votes/meetings are taking place.
4. Confirm the support/opposition of their State Representative & Senator and report their responses back to your State Leaders.
5. Organize with others to hold a regular COS meeting in your district or region, preferably every two weeks. A monthly newsletter will be provided to you to be used as an agenda to educate meeting attendees about Article V/Convention of States and will include a Work Session to engage volunteers, ie. write letters to editor, write postcards, etc. Link to download newsletters to use for small meetings.
6. Attend regular conference calls with your State Team Leaders for updates and to report on your progress.
Please send any questions to DCrecruits@cosaction.com.
Start A COS Small Group In Your District Today Using Our Action Newsletter!
We have made it easy for volunteers to start small groups in their districts with the COS Action Newsletter! You can stop hitting your head against the wall trying to decide what to talk about at your next Convention of States small group meeting. Each newsletter will provide you with enough material to hold at least two small group meetings.
We recommend holding semimonthly meetings in order to build momentum and keep volunteers active and engaged. If someone misses a monthly meeting it is two whole months before they meet again and they may lose interest. Scheduling it on the same evening makes it easier to remember such at the 1st and 2nd Monday of the month.
The newsletter is interactive and all you have to do is type, click or scan the shortened web address or qr codes to pull up an article, video, or podcast. Watch the video above to see how simple it is to use this newsletter as your agenda for your next small meeting.
Each newsletter will also contain a "Work Session" with suggestions to engage your volunteers to get involved in their district to help grow our grassroots and legislator support. The newsletter is formatted for 8.5 x 11 size paper and be be printed in full color on 11 x 17 to make a folded newsletter or on letter-size paper, double-sided in b&w to be handouts. Each section will definitely allow further discussion within your group.
We thank you again for your desire to serve American and the cause of liberty!
Your voice is important. Help send a loud and clear message to our legislators by sharing Convention of States with your friends and contacts. Don't miss the chance to tell future generations that you stood strong for liberty!
Please join State Director, Tom Williams and Regional Director, Ken Quinn at one of our upcoming Connecticut Convention of States meetings!
We have a message of HOPE that we want to share with you and we need your help to grow the Grassroots in Connecticut to build support for our Article V application which seeks to propose amendments to impose fiscal restraints on the federal government, limit the power and jurisdiction of the federal government, and terms of office for federal officials and members of Congress.
- Learn the Story Behind Article V
- The History of Conventions and Amendments
- Why Elections Cannot Solve Our Problems
- A Solution As Big As The Problem
- And Much More!
IMPORTANT: If you plan to attend the Friday evening
meeting, please RSVP by 12:00PM by clicking here: I PLAN TO ATTEND
We need a head count as food will be provided.
Friday, May 13th
Dinner at 6:00PM, Presentation starts at 6:45PM
Burrata Italian Kitchen & Pizzeria
850 W. Main St,
Branford, CT 06405
Saturday, May 14th
We look forward to seeing you soon!